Hyperpro RSC "Reactive" Steering Damper for the Ducati 848 EVO, 1098, and 1198
- Brand: Hyperpro
- Product Code: DS-075B-NP1 + MK-DU10-T002
- Availability: 1-2 Weeks
- Stock Quantity: 0
A steering damper, or steering stabilizer is a damping device designed
to inhibit an undesirable, uncontrolled movement or oscillation of a
vehicle steering mechanism, a phenomenon known in motorcycling as
Motorcycles with a short wheelbase and an aggressive steering geometry provides the ability to make very quick changes in direction. As a side-effect it the bike is less stable, gives less feedback from uneven road surfaces, and is more difficult to control. If the front wheel is not completely inline from the direction of travel when it touches down after a small wheelie, it may cause an unwanted wobble. Steering dampers are factory installed on more and more high-end motorcycles, not only sport, but also naked and big all-roads. This is to counter these undesirable behavior. Steering dampers offer comfort and safety. ...and Hyperpro offers the best!
A Hyperpro steering damper reduces this kind of risk to a bare minimum. These wobbles - Tank-slappers - and vibrations are intercepted by the damper. As a result, you have a bike that steers the way you want and reacts the way you’d hope for in unexpected circumstances.
This one is unique of it's kind and is superior to other steering dampers. It behaves like a linear steering damper, while normal riding and it has all the functionalities of the CSC steering damper. However, when it comes to the real job, like tank slappers and wobbling, whereas the CSC steering damper will control the very quick movements, the RSC will react in a direct way with a lot of extra progressive damping to even-out and cancel the quick movement at the very beginning. This will give you the real support that you need. As we say: “the best steering damper in the world!”
- Fully adjustable – Damping can be adjusted in 22 positions.
- Fully re-buildable with spare parts availability.
- High quality bearings
- Low friction design due to Ø8mm piston rod with special surface treatment.
- One-piece piston rod – Perfect alignment through the slide bearings and no excessive force on the piston.
- Triple function seals. Dust scraper and double oil seal, ensuring that dust cannot enter and oil cannot exit.
- Nitrogen pressurized heat expansion reservoir – Gas pressure prevents against foaming.
|ducati||1098||2007 - 2008|
|ducati||1098r||2008 - 2009|
|ducati||1098s||2007 - 2008|
|ducati||1198||2009 - 2011|
|ducati||1198r||2010 - 2010|
|ducati||1198s||2009 - 2010|
|ducati||1198sp||2011 - 2011|
|ducati||848 evo||2011 - 2013|